Our Ukulele Teachers
Zachary is a multi-instrumentalist who teaches ukulele, guitar, singing, piano and percussion. He teaches all styles, including popular music, folk songs, children's songs, jazz and classical.
Zachary performs music at Christ Church St Kilda. He previously performed regularly on the Bourke Street Mall, where only the most experienced and professional buskers may perform.
Zachary is currently studying jazz performance at Monash University. He previously studied classical music at The University of Melbourne at the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music (2012). He also has a TAFE diploma in popular music performance (2008). Here is a video of Zac playing a baritone ukulele & singing a duet: https://youtu.be/iDKUEaXoG4
Zachary can help students achieve excellent results in the new AMEB Rock School Ukulele popular music exams that are recognised internationally! Zachary is a music education author who wrote the highly rated book "How To Sing Any Song - 14 Secret Vocal Hacks". Click this link to read the book:https://www.amazon.com.au/How-Sing-Any-Song-Practical-ebook/dp/B07NSYPMFT
Zachary is passionate about researching the learning methods of the greatest musicians of all time such as J.S. Bach, Mozart, Miles Davis & Stevie Wonder. He has discovered that all these great musicians learned music like a language - they listened and imitated, learned music by ear, improvised, and composed. Zachary helps you learn music like a language - A typical lesson plan is as follows:
- Student chooses one of their favorite song
- Zac teaches the whole song, by rote and by ear
- Zac teaches how to identify & perform the parts of the song - the rhythm patterns, tonal patterns, and chord patterns.
- Zac teaches how to master the rhythm, tonal and chord patterns in a fun way by improvising and creating simple songs or compositions with them!
- Through these little music composition exercises, students gain a deep understanding of music theory & reading & writing music notation.
- Zac is also a highly experienced vocal coach & can teach singing & ukulele together! So, if you'd love to be able to play many musical styles, & be excellent at singing & playing ukulele, learning songs by ear, improvising & songwriting, Zachary is the perfect teacher for you!
- Develop finger precision, coordination and dexterity
- Trains focus and musical knowledge
- Provides an opportunity to relax through a creative outlet
- The portability of the instrument means instant fun!
- Develops a keen sense of rhythm and beat
- Improves cognitive processing speed and clarity
- Every practice session is like a trip to a tropical beach!