Our Ukulele Teachers
Julie Anne is multi- instrumentalist who has over ten years’ experience in teaching drums, guitar, bass, ukulele violin and cello, voice and piano.
Julie has obtained additional music education through high school music classes and VET music unit 1,2, 3 & 4 Performance. Through these music classes Julie learned to play, read notes, chords for the drums, violin, cello, guitar and bass.
Julie believes that learning any instrument begins with learning the basics of their chosen instrument and then developing a consistent and effective practice routine. Practicing at least 30 min for the beginner level and 60 mins for the advanced level every day will tremendously benefit student’s progress. Julia’s approach to the lesson is to keep the lesson fun, enjoyable.
Julie is not only teaches accentual practical and theoretical aspects of an instrument but also to engage student in an activity that enables then to have fun with every aspect of learning music. Julie is a very easy-going friendly patient person and she likes to conduct the lesson at the student’s rate and level appropriately
Zachary is a multi-instrumentalist who teaches ukulele, guitar, singing, piano and percussion. He teaches all styles, including popular music, folk songs, children’s songs, jazz and classical.
Zachary performs music at Christ Church St Kilda. He previously performed regularly on the Bourke Street Mall, where only the most experienced and professional buskers may perform.
Zachary is currently studying jazz performance at Monash University. He previously studied classical music at The University of Melbourne at the Melbourne Conservatorium of Music (2012). He also has a TAFE diploma in popular music performance (2008). Here is a video of Zac playing a baritone ukulele & singing a duet: https://youtu.be/iDKUEaXoG4
Zachary can help students achieve excellent results in the new AMEB Rock School Ukulele popular music exams that are recognised internationally! Zachary is a music education author who wrote the highly rated book “How To Sing Any Song - 14 Secret Vocal Hacks” click this link to read the book: https://www.amazon.com.au/How-Sing-Any-Song-Practical-ebook/dp/B07NSYPMFT
Zachary is passionate about researching the learning methods of the greatest musicians of all time such as J.S. Bach, Mozart, Miles Davis & Stevie Wonder. He has discovered that all these great musicians learned music like a language - they listened and imitated, learned music by ear, improvised, and composed. Zachary helps you learn music like a language - A typical lesson plan is as follows:
- Student chooses one of their favorite song
- Zac teaches the whole song, by rote and by ear
- Zac teaches how to identify & perform the parts of the song - the rhythm patterns, tonal patterns, and chord patterns.
- Zac teaches how to master the rhythm, tonal and chord patterns in a fun way by improvising and creating simple songs or compositions with them!
- Through these little music composition exercises, students gain a deep understanding of music theory & reading & writing music notation.
- Zac is also a highly experienced vocal coach & can teach singing & ukulele together! So, if you’d love to be able to play many musical styles, & be excellent at singing & playing ukulele, learning songs by ear, improvising & songwriting, Zachary is the perfect teacher for you!
- Develop finger precision, coordination and dexterity
- Trains focus and musical knowledge
- Provides an opportunity to relax through a creative outlet
- The portability of the instrument means instant fun!
- Develops a keen sense of rhythm and beat
- Improves cognitive processing speed and clarity
- Every practice session is like a trip to a tropical beach!