Our Trumpet Teachers
Dominic Stitt is a professional drummer and trumpet performer as well as a passionate instrumental teacher who has experience in tutoring children and adults for several years.
He was graduated with Bachelor in Music (Jazz & Improvisation) from University of Melbourne in 2020.
- Artist representative for Meinl Percussion Australia at AUDW expo 2018
- Alumni of the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School (through audition) (2014-2015)
- Former drum student of Chris Brien, and most recorded drummer in Australia Mr. Graham Morgan
- Has performed and recorded with some of Melbourne top musicians, including ARIA award winners Barney Mcall and Daniel Merriweather
- Recipient of the 2017 University of Melbourne Marion Thomas Award Scholarship, value of $4,500 for "outstanding achievement in the field of performance and the consistency of students' studies and contribution to musical activities in the Victorian community."
Alex Pertout, percussionist- composer, educator, Senior Lecturer from Jazz & Improvisation Department Melbourne Conservatorium of Music University of Melbourne said:
"Dominic is an outstanding young drummer/percussionist with whom I have had the pleasure to engage in both as an educator - during his tenure as a remarkable student of the Jazz & Improvisation Program at the University of Melbourne - as well as a superb performing colleague in the concert stage. Dominic is a serious practitioner, his touch displays a highly developed sense of musicianship, has the potential to continue to develop skills to greater heights and is destined to enjoy an extremely successful career in the music profession at large."
Through studying music from the age of 5 Dominic has developed self-discipline, patience, communication skills and an enthusiastic attitude towards learning - these all very important skills Dominic now is passing on to his students. Dominic teaches for leisure as well as for AMEB exams including Contemporary and Rockschool types.
- Develops mental dexterity, cognitive efficiency and clarity
- Promotes physical development (core, lungs and posture)
- Improves ability to project and be heard regardless of room size
- Develops finger dexterity and simultaneous hand-eye coordination
- Trains self-confidence and the ability to perform publicly
- Lots of opportunities to play different musical styles
- Enhances sense of timing and rhythm