Our Drum Teachers
Dominic Stitt is a professional drummer and trumpet performer as well as a passionate instrumental teacher who has experience in tutoring children and adults for several years.
He was graduated with Bachelor in Music (Jazz & Improvisation) from University of Melbourne in 2020.
- Artist representative for Meinl Percussion Australia at AUDW expo 2018
- Alumni of the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School (through audition) (2014-2015)
- Former drum student of Chris Brien, and most recorded drummer in Australia Mr. Graham Morgan
- Has performed and recorded with some of Melbourne top musicians, including ARIA award winners Barney Mcall and Daniel Merriweather
- Recipient of the 2017 University of Melbourne Marion Thomas Award Scholarship, value of $4,500 for "outstanding achievement in the field of performance and the consistency of students' studies and contribution to musical activities in the Victorian community."
"Dominic is an outstanding young drummer/percussionist with whom I have had the pleasure to engage in both as an educator - during his tenure as a remarkable student of the Jazz & Improvisation Program at the University of Melbourne - as well as a superb performing colleague in the concert stage. Dominic is a serious practitioner, his touch displays a highly developed sense of musicianship, has the potential to continue to develop skills to greater heights and is destined to enjoy an extremely successful career in the music profession at large."
Through studying music from the age of 5 Dominic has developed self-discipline, patience, communication skills and an enthusiastic attitude towards learning - these all very important skills Dominic now is passing on to his students. Dominic teaches for leisure as well as for AMEB exams including Contemporary and Rockschool types.
Andy is a multi-instrumentalist who has played the drums for over 20 years - he first picked up the sticks to enable himself to make home recordings and demos. He completed high school with a grade 8 in classical guitar and then went on to graduate with a Bachelor of Music from Latrobe University in 1991. He teaches drums to beginner and intermediate students.
Andy employs the following teaching strategies.
1. Beginner students are encouraged to explore various genres of music to establish a favourite player or style.
2. Young drummers are encouraged to practice with an emphasis on developing solid rhythm by employing a metronome.
3. Students are encouraged to work through songs that they enjoy.
4. Andy encourages students to take Rockschool exams.
Andy enjoys a great rapport with his students and is passionate about passing on his lifelong love of a wide array of musical styles, to them.
Significantly improved sense of rhythm
We provide preparation for AMEB, ABRSM, VCE and other examinations.
We organize student's performances several times a year.
We can book music lessons for all of your children at the same day and time. All lessons take place at our studio.
We can sell and hire music instruments and books for you from our studio.
Discounts are available for families with multiple children enrolled, as well as for multiple lessons booked in a week.